Dubai Crown Prince Launches Economic Department Portal
Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defense Minister Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum launched Saturday the website of Dubai Economic Development Department, as part of Dubai e-government initiative, the Emirates’ official news agency (WAM) reported.
Mohammad Al Abar, department director general, praised the move as a qualitative jump in the performance of the department in terms of effectiveness and swiftness of public transactions, WAM added.
This portal came in service to maximize the activated e-services of the Dubai e-government which were announced by Sheikh Mohammad in April 2000.
The initiative aims at transforming the whole local government into a total modern digital government within a period of 18 months.
A panel, the e-government executive committee, has been set up by Sheikh Mohammad to unify the information technology systems in all government departments in preparation for the introduction of the initiative.
Syrian Culture Minister Maha Ganout, who attended the ceremony, praised the technology revolution witnessed by the UAE. She called on other Arab countries to follow suit, WAM added – Albawaba.com
- Dubai Crown Prince Launches e-Government Portal
- Dubai SME launches SeedApp to promote mobile applications that serve government services
- DED establishes Dubai Competitiveness Office to enhance global rankings of Dubai and the UAE
- Crown Prince of Dubai Receives Syrian Minister of Culture
- Young Entrepreneur Competition opens with exhibition of contesting projects