Dubai Dance Festival, a celebration of international dance in UAE
- Dubai UAE: The region’s largest dance event, Dubai Dance Festival is set to kick off from 3rd to 4th June 2010 at The First Group Theatre, Souk Madinat Jumeirah and will mark the 3rd Annual dance festivities in Dubai. The event, the biggest of its kind in the region celebrates different styles of dance and will showcase the best of young talent from Dubai and from around the world with performers expected to travel to participate in this exhibition. The Dubai Dance festival will showcase over 25 different workshops including salsa, belly dancing, hip hop, African Dance, Brazilian Samba and Tango to name a few. The workshops will cater to all levels of dance and bring the best instructors from regional and international dance schools, giving participants the opportunity to experience the different rhythms and styles of dance. The Dubai Dance festival 2010 will feature dance workshops, performances, parties amongst other exciting events at venues around Dubai.
The highlight of the Dubai Dance Festival is the musical show “Believe Me I’m a Dancer”, a story from the back streets of Brooklyn to the bright lights of Broadway; one man’s journey from janitor to superstar. As a boy, Tito’s dream was to become a famous dancer. Laughed at in his neighbourhood, disrespected at work he auditioned for everything and anything -desperate for someone to see the talent he held inside. Working as a janitor in a theatre on Broadway he would spend his nights watching all the shows - drawn to the electric atmosphere and excitement of a life in the spotlight. Even though the future looked bleak, through gritted teeth Tito didn’t give up, refused to give in and dedicated his life to pursuing his dream. Ten years later Tito has made it – he achieved everything he ever wanted and has the fame and recognition he always wanted but something inside drives Tito to return to the place where it all began. Believe Me I’m a Dancer - A story about dreams and what happens if we have the courage to pursue them.
Top show director Mr. Eric Lalta and international choreographers Farid Ferchach and Nuno Furtado are expected to join the Dubai Dance Festival and produce the 3-day show collaborating with local dancers to put together a magnificent event.
“The Dubai Dance Festival was created by those with a passion and love for dance; it sets a stage for dancers to share experiences with fellow dancers from all other the world. The festival is in its 3rd year now and every year we witness the growth in participation and technical dancers enroll in this festival. This has been a great success for us as we develop the show more and add new elements to the program” said Mr. Ahmed Abdallah, Founder and Organizer, Dubai Dance Festival.
Dubai Dance Festival is a unique multi arts event that attracts some of the most reputable dance companies, classical dance academies, youth orchestras, bands and musical ensembles and is designed to bring enthusiasm and life to the region’s growing dance scene. The festival is also a catalyst for creative activity and artistic collaborations between the UAE and the rest of the world that is supported by an education program, with new ideas and visions to the fore. The Dubai Dance festival also gives up and coming performers the opportunities to perform theatre performances, giving everybody a chance to experience the magic of dance. With dance workshops, performances, parties and a huge expo of everything dance, the Dubai Dance Festival promises to be a celebration of Dubai's best in dance!
- Dancing in the City - Dubai’s daring dance duos to learn ballroom etiquette – debutants to master intricacies of Waltz and Cha-Cha in just 8 weeks
- Indian thanksgiving dance Badhai thrills crowds in Dubai Mall
- Arthur Murray Dance Centres, America's second oldest franchise
- Eva Mario Garrido in International Festival of Volubilis
- Unique dance group performs