Dubai Duty Free Wins Industry Award
At the eighth Middle East and Africa Duty Free Symposium held in Amman from January 20-22, Dubai Duty Free won the first industry award of 2002. It was named the most distinctive retailer of the year in the Gulf and Africa Duty Free Awards, according to Emirates News Agency.
The prize was won by the Dubai Duty Free last year as well.
Prince Faisal of Jordan presented the award at a ceremony, which was the social highlight of the two-day symposium, according to reports in the UAE's dailies.
Regarding the latest award won, Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of the Dubai Department of Civil Aviation, stated, ‘This award represents another extremely positive start to the year, which began with the announcement of record sales of 24 million US dollars for Dubai Duty Free. We are looking forward to achieving further record sales and gaining wider industry recognition in the coming 12 months”.
The conference that attracted industry representatives from countries all over the world, featured a series of industry issues ranging from post-September 11 airport security to in-flight duty free sales for the future. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Emirates Computers Bags ‘Supplier Of The Year’ Award from Dubai International Airport
- Sheikh Ahmed presented with framed stamps issued by Emirates Post on Dubai Duty Free’s 25th anniversary
- Dubai Duty Free Chooses NCR to Boost Sales Performance
- Dubai Duty Free Predicts 22.5 Percent Rise in Sales
- addf receives mars duty free retailer of the year award 62% increase in sales of Mars products