Dubai to Host Arab World's First Women's Tennis Tournament
Dubai is to host what will be the Arab world's first WTA tournament in early February with a purse of $535,000, AFP reported on Tuesday.
The WTA tournament will be held on February 5-11, just ahead of the planned February 12-18 women's tournament sponsored by the Franco-Belgian oil company. The Dubai tournament is expected to attract some of the biggest names in women's tennis, said Dubai Duty Free, which already stages the one-million-dollar men's Dubai Open.
The Doha tournament offers $550,000 in prize money and also aims to draw some of the world's top women players – (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Casamia Star Sponsers Al Nasr Leisureland Open Squash Tournaments
- “Play sports for fun”: Dubai Women’s College hosts HCT Women’s Sports Day
- GULF AIR HELPS SERVE UP NEW TENNIS CHAMPION
- Arab youth tennis tournament
- World Number One Henin-Hardenne And Russian Superstar Sharapova Return To Dubai Tennis Championships