Dubai To Host Environmental Conference
The Emirate of Dubai will host an environmental conference in February, to be attended by experts from the United Kingdom who will offer their solutions to critical issues such as waste management, renewable energy resources and pollution.
The event will be held alongside the Middle East Electricity 2002, at the Dubai World Trade Center on February 5. Speakers will include members from BPSolar, British water, the British Oil Spill Control Association, the Environmental Services Association, the UK's waste management industry's trade body, and ETSU, a center of excellence in energy efficiency and sustainable energy technologies.
According to Mike Cobb, a representative from the British Embassy in Dubai, "The conference will target five key areas of environmental importance, waste management, air pollution, marine pollution, renewable energy and water production, including desalination.”
"Within the region there have been a number of well-documented pollution incidents and obviously water consumption is an important issue, especially given population growth and the cost of running desalination plants,” Cobb added. (www.albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Dubai to Host Meeting on Environment
- ENVIRONMENT 2009 Conference commences tomorrow
- Dubai's first sea mining firm to be set up in TechnoPark
- Speech for Engineer Abdulla Rafea, Assistant General Director, Health and Environmental Services Sector
- Global Desalination Experts to Converge in Dubai Next Month