Dubai International Academic City Explores Synergies with Ministry of Education, Western Cape, South Africa
Dubai International Academic City (DIAC), the region's leading destination for higher education and a member of TECOM Investments Education Cluster, today announced it hosted a high profile delegation from the Ministry of Education in the Western Cape of South Africa with the objective of fostering a working relationship between the two organisations.
The delegation was led by Western Cape's Minister of Education Donald Grant.
The Western Cape is the most highly educated province with a very skilled workforce in comparison to any other African region. The core mandate of the Western Cape Education Department (WCED) is to deliver quality education to all citizens. The South African province boasts three internationally acclaimed universities and enjoys a high school graduation rate that is consistently around 80 per cent higher than any other in the country.
Dubai International Academic City hosts over 30 institutions from 13 different countries including the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, India, France, Singapore, Russia, Pakistan, Iran, Lebanon and the UAE. Approximately 15,000 students are currently enrolled into the various programmes offered at the campuses within DIAC.
- Dubai International Academic City Hosts Heads of 20 Universities
- Special Envoy of the Philippines to the GCC Member States Visits TECOM Education Cluster
- The Westminster School Students Visit Dubai International Academic City
- Dubai International Academic City Highlights Dubai’s Status as Education Hub at NAFSA 2010 in US
- Dubai International Academic City highlighted at ICEF Middle East and Africa Workshop