Dubai Maritime City Authority to establish institute for boat sailing training and licensing
Dubai Maritime City Authority has announced plans to establish a specialized institute that will provide boat sailing training and licensing for owners of leisure boats and yachts of all sizes. The new institute will support the development of the UAE’s maritime sector by encouraging boat owners and users to adopt the highest standards of safety on the water.
The institute will provide owners of boats and yachts with boat sailing and registration licenses, in addition to offering boat sailing courses. The Dubai Maritime City Campus will accommodate the institute, which is an area that comprises integrated state-of-the-art educational institutions that adopt the best international standards and offers easy sea access.
“This is the first institute of its kind in the region, which has been launched as part of our continuous efforts to provide high-level services and facilities to meet the rapidly growing demands of the UAE’s maritime sector. The new institute is one of the highlights of Dubai Maritime City; and will ensure that this development is an integrated maritime centre at all levels”, said Captain Majid Al Shamsi, Institute Project Manager.
“Through the institute, everyone in the UAE will have an opportunity to obtain licenses for the sailing of leisure boats and yachts,” added Al Shamsi.
Dubai Maritime City has recently commenced the first phase of the project, which includes preparation and planning; with services expected to begin from June 2008.
- UAE National Transport Authority signs MOU with Dubai Maritime City Authority to establish ship & yacht licensing bureaus
- Dubai Maritime City Authority to sponsor
- Dubai Maritime City Authority awards Dubai Department of Economic Development
- Dubai Maritime City draws praise from Transport Canada Maritime
- Dubai Tourism transfers registration and licensing of maritime activities within Dubai to Dubai Maritime City Authority