Dubai Police Act Against Official Charged With Bribery
A senior government official has been detained in Dubai on a bribery charge.
A police spokesman identified the accused only as A. M. and said he had taken bribe from a UAE national for expeditious approval of the latter's application for some work.
According to Khaleej Times, the spokesman said the authorities had acted on a complaint about the bribery against the deputy head of the purchase section of a government agency. Although the national's application had been initially endorsed, the accused deliberately delayed action on it and prolonged the procedures every time the complainant approached his section. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Senior Jordanian Official Charged with Bribery
- When helping NGOs does not pay off: Police arrest Israeli deputy minister Fania Kirshenbaum on charges of funneling funds to non-profit organizations
- Criminal charges filed against two persons during raids on Dubai software resellers
- Asian passenger attempts to smuggle forged stamps and entry visas to EU and Latin countries
- Azmi Bishara: Attack on my House was an Act of Israeli Racism against Arabs