Dubai Police Searching for Driver who Stole $27,000 in Company Funds
Police in the Emirati city of Dubai are searching for a man who disappeared after withdrawing Dh100,000 ($27,000) from his employer's bank account, reported the Gulf News on Sunday.
Company driver Daud Khan was asked to go to the bank and cash a cheque for that amount on Thursday morning. He was to take the money to his employer at Al Madina Perfumes and Cosmetic Trading, but hasn't been seen since.
Company owner Makbul Hossain said, "I asked him to cash a cheque for Dh100,000 at the Dubai Islamic Bank at around 10:00am on Thursday.
"Normally he returns within an hour and informs me about the transaction, but when I hadn't heard from him by noon, I called him on his mobile and found it was switched off. "I called the bank and was told that he had collected the money. I rushed to the bank to collect a statement and filed a police case at around 2:00pm."
Hossain described Khan as a faithful employee who had been working for his company for over 10 years.
"He used to withdraw cash for me from the bank when I needed it, from Dh5,000 to Dh50,000 or more. I trusted him." – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Honesty pays off! Taxi driver returns missing $27,000 to police in UAE
- The Ammani Job: Jordanian taxi driver wanted for $1 million theft
- Forex company brings financial chaos to Dubai
- Road Safety Techniques Enable UPS UAE’s Employees to ‘Deliver More’
- Who said honesty doesn't pay off? Man returns bag of money to Dubai police