Dubai Promotes Medical Tourism
Dubai sets its eye on the $60 billion global medical tourism industry by showcasing its healthcare resources online via a free online service Doctor-Dubai.com.
The medical tourism industry is expected to generate Dh7 billion to the UAE by 2010. Dubai is set to grab a major chunk with its established state of the art medical facilities, the world’s first healthcare free zone, complimented by world-class resorts, tourist destinations and promoting itself as the healthcare tourism hub of the world.
The ‘Ministry of Health (MOH) – UAE’ licensed portal (http://www.Doctor-Dubai.com/) is displaying detailed profiles of some 1500 healthcare professionals from more than 280 medical facilities in Dubai to the world, attracting thousands of views every day. The portal lets doctors and companies create their profiles free of cost and display them to hundreds of thousands of visitors from across the globe, highlighting Dubai’s efforts in building a repute of excellence of service and un-matched value.
“Dubai is expected to be the favorite destination for most amongst the expected 11 million medical tourists to the UAE by 2010 and we are playing our part in establishing Dubai as the city that cares for your wellness.” Said Layla Moufid co-founder of Doctor-Dubai.com
- Doctor-Dubai.Com Brings Doctors Closer To The People Of Dubai
- Around three million health tourists currently seek wellness and healthcare services all over the world
- Dubai targets medical tourism market
- High level of interest at medical tourism first
- Healthcare Travel Congress set to tackle major issues in medical tourism industry