Dubai Showcases Tourist Attractions in Austria, Finland
As part of an ongoing initiative to strengthen Dubai's travel ties and build effective partnerships across Europe, the Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) has led travel trade delegations to participate in two travel fairs - the Finnish International Travel Fair Matka (Helsinki) and - Ferien (Vienna).
Matka is the principal travel fair in the Nordic region in terms of both quality and quantity of visitors and attracts travel professionals as well as avid tourists, said DTCM Director General, Khalid A. bin Sulayem, in a press release issued Monday.
He noted that Finland is the third largest outbound travel market from the Nordic countries after Sweden and Denmark and accounted for nearly 4.2 million travelers in 2000. The DTCM as well as Emirates, Golden Sands Hotel Apartments, Oasis Adventures, Shine Travel & Tours and Sunflower Tours will represent Dubai at Matka.
Ferien is Austria's largest travel fair and we will be exhibiting for the first time at this event, remarked bin Sulayem. "Our newly opened office in Switzerland is coordinating the Dubai participation at the event," he said. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Bin Sulayem inaugurates Annual Congress of Russia’s Natalie Tours
- Dubai to be showcased in exhibitions in nine cities this month
- Dubai Tourism Department at Fair in Sweden
- Finland First Scandinavian Country at ATM 2005
- Al Bustan Centre & Residence participates in DTCM road show in India to attract tourists to Dubai