Dubai World is exploring investment opportunities in Australia (press release)
Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Chairman, Dubai World and DP World, met last week Dr. Saeed Mohammed Al Shamsi the United Arab Emirates Ambassador to Australia & New Zealand, and said the Group was exploring new avenues for investment in the region.
Explaining the significance of his visit, Mr Bin Sulayem said:
“Australia is a market we are familiar with and we are exploring further investment opportunities in the region. Dubai World’s investment portfolio is spread across many strategic sectors such as real estate, hotels and resorts, and of course port terminals.”
The UAE Ambassador, Dr Al Shamsi, said:
“Trade between Australia and the United Arab Emirates has increased significantly over the last few years and the expansion of DP World in Australia is a sign of this upward trend. DP World has developed into a reputed brand in Australia, like Emirates Airlines, which allows for very productive relations between both countries.”
Australia has seen a steady rise in investments from the UAE over the last few years. It is also a highly popular holiday destination, with over 15,000 Emirati tourists visiting the continent annually.
Bilateral trade between Australia and the UAE was valued at US$ 1.45 Billion (AED 5.4 Billion) in 2005.
- emirates granted additional flights to australia
- Brisbane seeks business and trade ties with Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates
- • sultan bin sulayem tours dp world’s container terminal in brisbane
- UAE-Western Australia Bilateral Trade at A$4.2 billion in 2009; State Contributes 65 % to Australian Trade
- Sultan Bin Sulayem Meets President Arroyo of the Philippines(press release)