Dulsco launches “City Compactor” vehicles in Dubai to collect waste from hard-to-reach areas
Dulsco Waste Management Service (WMS) has announced that it has recently introduced its new range of City Compactor vehicles, which aim to provide a more versatile and efficient waste collection solution for hard-to-reach areas in Dubai. The City Compactor vehicle is much smaller than the usual garbage trucks, making it easy to manoeuvre in thickly populated areas and narrow roads, while it is also able to pick up waste from garbage rooms of high-rise buildings that have height restrictions for vehicles.
Dulsco further revealed that the City Compactor is also perfect to be stationed at event arenas that are located in congested areas as it helps do away with traditional forklifts, handcarts, and extra man-hours to pull out bins from small enclosures and narrow streets. As in all other Dulsco waste collection vehicles, the new City Compactor is equipped with an inbuilt tracking system that allows Dulsco WMS officials to constantly track the vehicle's location and monitor its operating details such as the speed it is travelling and the functions it is performing.
"To celebrate our 75th anniversary, Dulsco is proud to introduce the City Compactor waste collection vehicle, which reaffirms our commitment to provide customised solutions to the distinct and emerging waste management challenges of Dubai. With its size and versatility, the City Compactor is perfectly suited to operate in places that are difficult to reach by regular garbage trucks," said Prakash Parab, Director, Dulsco Waste Management Services.
"The City Compactor can also penetrate areas where road works are taking place as it has been designed to operate without disturbing traffic. On the other hand, its small build is not a hindrance to handle sizeable volumes of waste because it is equipped with a compactor that compacts the collected waste. The City Compactor is certainly becoming an important tool in waste collection in Dubai and has even become a preferred waste collection solution for communities and residential areas, added Parab.
The new City Compactors are part of Dulsco's fleet of about 100 vehicles that are an integral part in the system of collecting and transporting solid and liquid wastes in the UAE. Up to 60 per cent of these vehicles are designed to transport all kinds of hazardous and non-hazardous solid waste including food waste, construction waste, recyclable plastic, paper, cans, bottles and other general waste. The remaining 40 per cent of the vehicles carry hazardous and non-hazardous liquid waste, including sewage and industrial effluent, to designated disposal sites.
- Awareness campaign launched to enhance delivery of integrated waste management services in UAE
- Dulsco launches ‘Recycle to Regain’ as part of initiative to reduce growing waste levels in Dubai landfills
- New Sharjah tanker service to address increasing need for waste disposal as economic development continues
- ENOC/EPPCO service stations in Sharjah avail of dedicated waste management services
- Dulsco to showcase award-winning waste management equipment at Middle East Waste Summit 2010