Dutch Drug Trafficker Gets 10 Years in Moroccan Prison
A Moroccan court has jailed Dutch truck driver, Gerard Marinus van Voorst, for 10 years on conviction of drug trafficking, the official Moroccan news agency reported Friday.
Van Voorst, 54, was arrested last Saturday in the port of Tangiers in possession of 5.65 tons of cannabis resin.
The Tangiers court also levied fines totaling 240,000 dirhams (about 24,000 dollars).
Van Voorst's Moroccan accomplice Mohamed Farah, a guard at the factory where the drug was loaded onto the truck to be transported to Europe, was sentenced to five years in prison -- RABAT (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iranian-American man gets 25 years in prison over Saudi ambassador assassination plot
- Moroccan rapper's "get out of jail free card" after slamming 'da police' a year ago
- Two British Women Get Life in UAE Drug Case
- Prison Sentence for Abortionist and Accomplices in the UAE
- Could economics bring a new wave of radicalism to the streets of Morocco?