EADS Defence & Security in the Middle East
EADS Defence & Security (DS) is the defence and security pillar of Europe's largest aerospace and defence company. DS offers a broad range of products, capabilities and systems directly applicable to defence and security needs such as Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, Command & Control systems, secure networks solutions, future soldier systems and electronic warfare equipment. DS also supports the Armed Forces with advanced sensor technology which meets the requirements of modern self-protection and air defence systems. The Division offers the entire spectrum of land- and ship-based fire control radars and surveillance radars as well as airborne radars.
DS is a worldwide provider of leading edge technology in border, port and maritime security, security for oil and gas infrastructure, C4I as well as the most important provider in ME for secure communications. Thus, DS contributes as well to the protection of people, territories and key infrastructures in the Middle East:
- National Shield Security (NSS) Qatar: High performance sensors and state-of-the-art IT tools to secure more than 900 km of Qatar‘s coastline, land borders and the Qatar Area Of Responsibility.
- Saudi Border Guard Development Program, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (SBGDP KSA): A fully integrated, comprehensive system of sensors and deterrents that will provide early warning to the Border Guard, and which will support its ability to protect the entire land and coastal border of the Kingdom. The Saudi Border Guard will be provided with a best-in-class secure integrated C4ISR system (Command, Control, Communication, Computer, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) including respective training.
- Abu Dhabi Emirate Security System (ADESS): Preparation of a plan for an integrated police security system solution for the Abu Dhabi Emirate. The project includes a comprehensive threat assessment, analysis of business needs and security gap analysis, system design concept as well as a complete implementation plan.
- Counter Battery Radar (COBRA), UAE: Euro-Art International (EADS Deutschland GmbH, Munich, Germany and Thales Air Systems S.A., Rungis, France) awarded a contract to deliver 3 COBRA high mobility weapon location radar are to the UAE Armed Forces. COBRA enables accurate multiple targets detection within a short reaction time. Its modular architecture provides high reliability and system availability.
- Surface-to-Air Missile Operations Centre (SAMOC); KSA: The Battle Management Command, Control, Computers and Intelligence (BMC4I) functionalities of SAMOC enable the Saudi Arabian armed forces to efficiently utilise their existing air defence systems in mixed deployment.
- Joint Command and Control Information System (JoCCIS), Sultanate of Oman: The C4I system OFUQ2000 ("dawn") has been installed in the command centres of the Sultanate of Oman's Air Force, Navy and Army on land and on sea since 2001, while undergoing extension and upgrade measures up until the end of 2006.
- DS has the monopoly in secure communications in ME: TETRA networks in Kuwait (MoI, MoD, M. of Health), Qatar (MoI,MoD), UAE (Dubai Police, Abu Dhabi Police, UAE Army incl. Airports), Bahrain (MoI), KSA (SBGDP); Tetrapol network in KSA (Airforce)
DS is a key partner to the countries in Middle East, since EADS and its predecessor companies have been a reliable and strong industrial partner to the region since the 1970s. The company is interested in long-lasting relationships with the region and thus represented by local offices in Oman, Qatar, Saudi-Arabia and UAE.
DS is creating local capabilities and technology transfer in setting up cooperations with universities and partnerships with local companies such as a consortium of EADS Defence & Security and Al-Rashid Trading & Contracting Co for the SBGDP or a JV in UAE with the company “C4 Advanced Solutions”.
DS will become a major employer in the Gulf region, since more than 1000 employees will work for DS projects within the next 3 years.
- EADS Defence & Security to design the Abu Dhabi Police Security System for the Emirate
- C4 Advanced Solutions and EADS Defence & Security create a Joint Venture
- EADS Defence & Security nominates business representative for Middle East and North Africa
- indra launches its solutions for defence and security
- EADS obstacle warning system for Royal Thai Air Force