EADS Defence & Security nominates business representative for Middle East and North Africa
• Concrete application of EADS Vision 2020
• Bolstering its positions on international markets
EADS Defence & Security (DS) has created, within its integrated Business Unit Defence & Communication Systems (DCS) a new Business Region Middle East - North Africa (MENA) in order to underline its commitment to the region and to increase its industrial footprint. The new entity is headed by Franz Peraus, previously head of the Mission Systems & solutions business line of DCS.
"We have a strong order book in the region", explained Franz Peraus. "The creation of a dedicated organizational unit with high-level management attention makes sure that our project managers perform and that our customers always find the personal attention they rightly expect.
The strategic mission of DCS is to develop the company’s positions as full systems integrator, service provider and supplier of secure mobile communications solutions that meet the critical needs of institutional clients in the defence and security sectors.
DCS is an integrated Business Unit of EADS Defence & Security (DS). DS is a systems solutions provider for armed forces and civil security worldwide. Its portfolio ranges from sensors and secure networks through missiles to aircraft and UAVs as well as global security, service and support solutions. In 2007, DS – with around 22,000 employees – achieved revenues of € 5.5 billion. EADS is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2007, EADS generated revenues of € 39.1 billion and employs a workforce of about 116,000.
- C4 Advanced Solutions and EADS Defence & Security create a Joint Venture
- EADS Defence & Security to design the Abu Dhabi Police Security System for the Emirate
- EADS obstacle warning system for Royal Thai Air Force
- EADS Defence & Security in the Middle East
- Daniel Baubil leads EADS Global Industrial Development