Education key role at Abu Dhabi Medical Congress
The Abu Dhabi Medical Congress (ADMC) to be held in the UAE capital later this month is attracting interest from healthcare professionals in the region. That’s according to Simon Page, Director of the Life Science Division at IIR Middle East.
“We’re witnessing an unprecedented level of interest from the health sector looking to participate in the event,” he said. “We’ve developed an excellent programme covering a range of medical issues that need careful attention,” he added.
ADMC’s programme includes three stand alone events. Primary Healthcare, Patient Safety and the Emergency Congress will see international experts lend their experience to delegates.
“For the Abu Dhabi Medical Congress, the entire event is built around the premise of education: it’s all about teaching health professionals the latest findings and procedures, which will allow participants to leave with improved skills” Page said. “It’s more about training than applied knowledge,” he added.
It’s this educational aspect that Page believes is attractive to medical professionals and is the reason behind the growing success of ADMC.
“We’ve brought on board the American Academy of Continuing Medical Education (AACME) to accredit participants attending the wide array of conferences and of course this will attract professionals who want to develop their skills,” Page said. “However, as always we’ve given careful consideration to the event’s itinerary and track closely all of the relevant issues as they arise relating to the sector. That’s why the Abu Dhabi Medical Congress has now become a vital part of the medical professional’s education base,” he concluded.
The Abu Dhabi Medical Congress will open its doors from October 26-28 at the National Exhibition Centre.
- Spoiler alert: TV medical dramas ‘rife’ with bioethical issues and breaches of professional conduct
- Chairman of the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi officially opens the Abu Dhabi Medical Congress 2010
- Primary healthcare high on agenda at Abu Dhabi Medical Congress
- UAE Minister of Health, H.E. Humaid Mohamed Al Qutami, to Inaugurate Abu Dhabi Medical Congress, Address Healthcare Insurance Conference
- Dubai Healthcare City and DuBiotech to Support Abu Dhabi Medical Congress 2010