Egypt’s Mubarak, US Envoy Discuss Peace in Cairo
US envoy to the Middle East, William Burns met Thursday with Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak in Cairo and discussed with him efforts aiming to restore the peace process, reported the official Kuwait news agency (KUNA).
The talks focused on means of salvaging the peace process, the Mitchell report as well as Israel’s stand from the joint Egyptian-Jordanian peace plan, said KUNA.
Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Maher said on Wednesday that Burns will inform officials in Cairo on the results of his meetings with Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and Palestinian President Yasser Arafat.
Burns is expected to arrive in Amman later in the day for talks with Jordan’s King Abdullah on similar issues, said the agency – Albawaba.com
- Report: U.S. informs Egypt about Bush plan; Mubarak expected to arrive in Amman
- Mubarak Receives US Envoy Burns
- Arafat in Egypt from US for Talks with Mubarak, Officials
- US Middle East Envoy Discusses Peace Process with Egypt's Moussa
- Mubarak to Dispatch Envoys to Discuss Mideast Crisis with US Officials