Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood Calls for Conference on ‘Threats’ to Palestinians, Holy Places
An advisor to Egypt's banned Muslim Brotherhood movement on Wednesday urged Muslim scholars worldwide to hold a general conference to discuss Israeli threats to the Palestinian people and the holy mosque of Al Aqsa.
He called for the formation of a delegation comprising senior scholars to meet leaders of the Islamic world to urge them encourage jihad (struggle) and to “adopt a unified decisive stance against the countries that support the interests of the Jewish entity,” according to a brotherhood statement cited by the official Kuwaiti news agency, KUNA.
The advisor further urged the leaders to “cooperate in the field of production of deterrent arms to defend the holy place in the Occupied Territories and to boycott normalization with Israel.” – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Jordan's Brotherhood Urges Action to Foil Bid to Compromise Jerusalem
- Amman governor approves protests in support of Al Aqsa Mosque
- Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood Urges Arab Gov'ts to Supply Arms to Palestinians; Mubarak Assails US Pro-Israel Lobby
- Sudanese President Calls for Jihad Against Israel
- Jordan Protest Calls on Summit to Cut all Links with Israel