Egypt’s Premier confirms Cairo will help solve Kuwaiti POW issue
Egyptian Prime Minister Atef Obaid confirmed on Saturday that his government would exert utmost efforts to solve the issue of Kuwaiti POWs and detainees held in Iraq.
Obaid told reporters, following his meeting with the chairman of the Kuwaiti national committee for missing and POW affairs (NCMPA) Sheikh Salem al-Sabah al-Salem al-Sabah, that Cairo supports Kuwait's just demands for the release of the POWs and detainees, adding that it supports the mission of the NCMPA.
He stated there are consolations with the Kuwaiti side on what steps ought to be taken to solve this humanitarian issue, adding that the meeting was a great opportunity to exchange ideas with Sheikh Salem, according to Kuwait News Agency.
"We urged the Arab and international communities to exerts their efforts to help reach a solution for this humanitarian issue," Obaid said.
Sheikh Salem arrived in the Egyptian capital earlier Saturday for talks with Egyptian officials on the plight of the POWs and detainees. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Head of Kuwaiti POW committee meets Syrian President, Prime Minister
- Yemen’s President meets with Kuwaiti delegation on POW issue
- Kuwaiti, Egyptian Foreign Ministers Discuss Safety of Detainees in Iraq
- Kuwaiti Official Discusses POW Issue in Cairo
- Baghdad: Kuwait Exploiting POWs Issue to Maintain Embargo