Egypt Denies Israeli Press Report of Mubarak Sponsorship for Peres-Arafat Meeting
An Egyptian official source has denied as baseless a report by the Israeli daily Hatsofeh that President Hosni Mubarak might sponsor the anticipated meeting between Israeli Foreign Minister Shimon Peres and Palestinian President Yasser Arafat.
The source also rejected the Israeli daily’s claim of alleged contacts among a number of Arab leaders to call for the isolation of Arafat.
The official called the report part of a campaign of lies launched by the Israeli press to create confusion in the Arab world and abort any attempts to resume peace talks – Albawaba.com
- Arafat Urges Arab Summit to Take Actions against Israel
- Mubarak: Egypt Never Suggested to be Venue for Arafat-Peres Meeting
- Report: Top Mubarak Aide Visited Israel Friday to Prepare Arafat-Peres Meeting
- Arafat in Egypt Sunday for Talks with Mubarak on Palestinian Crisis
- Egypt FM Says Baz-Peres Meeting was in Interest of Palestinian Cause