Egypt denies reports it agreed to serve as US launch-pad for attack on Iraq
Egypt on Sunday denied as "totally untrue and baseless" a Kuwaiti press report that said it had agreed to let United States forces use its territory as a launch-pad for an attack on Iraq.
"As far as Egypt is concerned, this report is totally untrue and baseless, this matter has not even been discussed, not with the Americans nor with others," an official spokesman told the state-run MENA news agency.
The agency added that the spokesman was reacting to a report in Sunday's al-Seyassa daily which said US forces would be stationed in Turkey and Israel and a number of Arab countries, including Egypt, in preparation for a war against Iraq. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Report: Jordan, U.S. hold secret talks to let American forces to defend Israel from Iraqi missiles
- Jordan firmly denies hosting American troops for strike on Iraq
- Iraq Denies Mortar Attack on Kuwait
- Iran denies US claims on support for Iraq attacks
- Iraqi military spokesman: US, Britain warplanes attack civil area