Egypt FM condemns Israeli destruction of houses in Rafah, Gaza
Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmad Maher on Tuesday said the Arab Summit, scheduled to be convened next Saturday in Tunisia, will be "fruitful" and will meet the aspirations of the Arab people.
In a statement in Cairo, Maher strongly condemned the ongoing Israeli aggression against the Palestinians and the policy of demolishing houses of innocent Palestinians in Rafah and Gaza, SANA reported.
"The Arab Group at [the] UN has prepared a draft resolution, to be submitted to [the] Security Council, in order to condemn the Israeli violations of human rights," Maher added.
Regarding reforms in the Middle East, Maher reiterated that reforms should comes from within the region in accordance with its cultural heritage. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Officers Admit: Inhabited Houses Were Demolished in Rafah; Palestinians Condemn Powell Remarks
- The destruction of innocence
- Rafah: Israeli forces leave nine dead, destruction as Palestinian PM halts contacts to arrange summit with Sharon
- 21 Palestinians dead; PA calls to stop Israeli massacre in Rafah
- UN, Egypt launch conference against heritage destruction in Cairo