Egypt to free prisoners in amnesty
Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak has ordered the release of 861 prisoners to mark Eid al-Adha, according to MENA news agency Wednesday.
It did not, however, specify if the partial amnesty applied to both criminal and political convicts. (Albawaba.com)
- Bangladesh Grants 250 Prisoners Amnesty for Eid, Independence Day
- Amnesty International calls for the release of Egyptian journalists
- Amnesty International Calls on Syria to Free ‘All Prisoners’
- Amnesty International Calls for Syria to Free Political Prisoners
- Amnesty welcomes release of scores of Syrian political prisoners, but calls to free more