Mahlab to remain Egypt's PM, help form new government
Egypt’s new President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi has asked Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab to remain in his post and help form a new government, Reuters reports.
Mahlab had earlier announced that he would resign from his post once Sisi took office, but Sisi requested that he stay on along with other key ministers.
Egypt’s new government faces security issues as well as potentially devastating economic instability. According to Reuters, Sisi has yet to announce when a new government will be named.
- New Egypt PM begins reappointments, Sisi to remain as defense minister
- Egypt PM: current government will resign when election results announced
- Egypt’s petroleum minister to form a new government
- Egypt's PM will officially resign next week
- Egypt's Sisi expected to announce his resignation from his defense minister post Thursday