Egypt to Host Middle East's First Judicial Academy
The French minster of justice will arrive in Egypt late this month for a four-day visit to hold discussions with her Egyptian counterpart, Farouq Seif el Nassr, on enhancing judicial cooperation between the two countries and setting up the first judicial academy in the region, the daily Al Ahram reported.
“The French minister’s visit aims at following up the studies related to the proposed first justice academy in the Middle East, to be established in Egypt on an area of land of 20,000 square meters,” Iskandar Ghattas, deputy minister for international cooperation, told the Cairo-based daily.
The academy will consist of three judicial institutes and will be provided with French technical expertise within the framework of the technical cooperation agreement between the two countries,” said the official, adding that the French minister would review all cooperation agreements between the two countries.
Many Arab countries retain aspects of France's legal system as a legacy of colonial government - Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Satirist Bassem Youssef the first Arab ever to host the International Emmy Awards! #Historic
- HMC and International Academy for Design & Health host design and Health Middle East 2013
- Etisalat Academy’s 9th Middle East Human Resources Conference and Expo Kicks off in Dubai
- Cairo hosts second Arab Judici al forum
- Bring it on: Sherine Abdel Wahab to perform on Star Academy