Egyptian gov't delays Brotherhood ban
The Muslim Brotherhood will not be disbanded until all court procedures concerning the case are completed, an Egyptian government official said Wednesday. (AFP/File)
Minister of Social Solidarity Ahmed al-Borai said on Tuesday that the government decided to postpone the disbandment of the Muslim Brotherhood until the completion of court procedures.
In remarks to reporters at the Cabinet headquarters, Borai added that the Ministry of Social Solidarity is forming a committee to manage the property of the Muslim Brotherhood.
For his part, Minister of Higher Education Hossam Eissa said the government would bear the expenses of all public university dormitories except those belonging to the Al-Azhar University.
He also said that the finance minister assured the Cabinet that he would provide resources for the minimum wage that was approved by the government last week.
- Egypt court upholds Muslim Brotherhood terrorist ruling
- Despite government delay statements, Egyptian authorities raid Muslim Brotherhood newspaper
- Egyptian court bans Muslim Brotherhood
- Jordan's Muslim Brotherhood Expels Senior Leader who Joined the Government
- Egyptian courts to reconsider Muslim Brotherhood ban on October 22nd