Egypt President, Israel's FM hold talks in Cairo
Israel’s foreign minister Silvan Shalom on Tuesday arrived in Cairo for meetings with Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak and other top government and security officials.
Shalom met with the Egyptian leader and presented him with a new “road map” for the advancement of relations between Israel and the Arab world. The plan was presented Tuesday for the first time, following months of development in the Israeli foreign ministry.
Mubarak and the Israeli minister also discussed Prime Minister Ariel Sharon’s current talks with US President Bush, the upcoming Gaza withdrawal and the peace process.
- Mubarak meets Israeli Foreign Minister in Switzerland for talks on ''Road Map''
- Report: Mubarak may visit in Israel as Tel Aviv ''very pleased'' by warming of ties with Cairo
- Egypt denies Israeli reports of future Mubarak visit
- Mubarak meets Israeli FM, says Egypt not to send troops to Gaza Strip
- Israeli FM in Cairo to discuss security agreement after Gaza Strip pullout