Egypt Proceeds with Combat Vehicle Production
Egypt continues to receive US aid for a project to co-produce a military heavy-lift system, said Middle East Newsline on Saturday.
The Pentagon has awarded a US21.8 million contract to United Defense Limited Partnership Ground System Division to provide Hercules vehicle kits for the co-production of the M88A2 Heavy Equipment Recovery Combat Utility Lift and Evacuation System, said MENL.
The award is a modification for a 1999 contract for the co-production project.
The project is being supervised by the US Army Tank-Automotive & Armaments Command. The work in support of the Egyptian co-production program will take place in the US.
Egypt has launched co-production of several models of armored and heavy combat vehicles – Albawaba.com
- Egypt seeks $73 million co-production deal
- US firm to co-produce tank recovery vehicles in Egypt
- US-Egypt Hercules Military Project Still on Track
- Israeli Defense Ministry releases $1.2 million in orders to Defense Industries International
- How a deteriorating tourism sector is transforming Egypt's labor market