Five arrested after shots fired at Egypt PM's car
Egyptian Prime Minister Hisham Qandil
A pickup truck fired birdshot pellets towards Prime Minister Hisham Qandil's convoy as it was passing through Giza's Nahda Square on his way home on Sunday night.
Investigations revealed that the five arrested inside the car were on their way to a street fight in Cairo's Manial district when the PM's convoy crossed their way, reported the Ahram Arabic website.
A security car accompanying PM Qandil tried to stop the pickup truck when it came in the way of the convoy.
At that moment, pellets were shot at the convoy.
In response, security officers shot several rounds in the air managing to stop the car and interrogating its passengers.
No casualties or injuries have been reported.
- Egypt: Clashes after five Coptic Christians shot dead
- Egypt’s PM Stops in UAE on Way to Indonesia
- Gaza Strip: Israel tries to kill prominent Palestinian fighter; Five Palestinians shot dead
- West Bank: Islamic Jihad member shot dead by Israeli fire
- South of Baghdad: Bombing attack kills five, Two shot dead in clashes with US troops