Egypt: Security forces kill suspect in Sinai
Egyptian security forces killed one man and captured four early on Sunday in a gunfight in the center of Sinai while investigating bomb attacks in the resort of Dahab and north Sinai, security sources said.
According to Reuters, two people involved in the gunfight escaped, the sources added.
On Saturday police detained two men they said drove people suspected of involvement in the attacks.
Meanwhile, The Muslim Brotherhood said Saturday that Egyptian police detained 43 members of the movement over the past two days, including 25 as they were hanging posters condemning Egypt's emergency laws.
Leading Brotherhood figure Mohammed Morsi also charged that police beat lawmakers from the movement during a protest Thursday to support judges facing a disciplinary hearing for alleging fraud in last year's parliamentary elections.
He told The Associated Press that Brotherhood lawmakers held Interior Minister Habib el-Adly responsible for what he called the "excessive use of force".
- Egypt security forces kill 15 suspected militants in North Sinai
- Egyptian forces kill 22 suspected militants outside mosque in North Sinai
- Egyptian security forces raid Sinai, three militants killed and 21 arrested
- Egyptian forces raid Rafah, kill upwards of eleven suspected militants
- Press: Suspected Islamists Kill Four Members of Security Forces