Egypt: Two Israeli infiltrators detained
Egyptian security authorities detained two Israeli men who crossed the border illegally near a holiday resort popular with Israeli tourists in Sinai, security officials said on Wednesday.
The Israeli Foreign Ministry said the two detainees, who were arrested near the Taba resort, were being questioned by Egyptian security officials. Their remand has been extended by 15 days.
According to Israeli sources, the two attempted to enter Sinai legally last week, but one of them was denied entry by Egyptian officials. Afterward, they decided to enter the Sinai penninsula some kilometers north of Taba, where there was no fence, and were caught by Egyptian authorities.
- HRW: Egypt tortures detainees in wake of Taba Hilton bombing
- Israeli Detained on Egyptian Border
- Egyptian police detain man with explosives trying to infiltrate into Israel
- Two Lebanese arrested after infiltrating from Israel
- Israeli vehicle, army patrol attacked by two infiltrators near Egyptian border