Egyptian Company Invests in Algerian Cement Factory
The Egyptian company, Orascom, is to invest 250 million dollars in building a cement factory near Bejaia, 300 kilometers (185 miles) east of the Algerian capital, project officials said Sunday.
The factory at Toudja will initially produce 1.6 million tons of cement per year and the output will eventually be increased to 3.6 million tons, the project developers said.
Construction is to start in August and will take 28 months to complete - ALGIERS (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- European Investment Bank provides $15 million to Algerian Cement Company
- Egyptian-Saudi-Syrian Company to Build Cement Factory
- Jordan Cement Factories increases output to 14,000 tons per day
- Egypt’s Orascom builds $450 million cement factory in Algeria
- Orascom Construction to build Libyan cement factory