Egyptian Court Sentenced Seven People To One Year In Prison For Fraud Attempt
An Egyptian court sentenced seven people to one year in prison with hard labor for attempting to sell a one-million-dollar note printed as an advertisement against 3.5 million pounds.
The Cairo-based al-Ahram daily on Monday said the note was printed in the United States and carries a picture of the statute of liberty. The seven people were arrested at a money exchange where they tried to sell the note they got from a tourist. (Albawaba.com)
- Lebanon Sentences 89 more for \'Collaboration\' with Israel
- Emirati Businessman Jailed, Fined for Using Counterfeit Money
- Three Egyptian MPs Sentenced to Ten Years in Jail for Fraud
- Egypt: Former steel tycoon sentenced to 10 years in prison
- Lebanese Court Sentences 20 People for Collaborating with Israel