Egyptian delegation due in Gaza
An Egyptian delegation headed by a high-level security service official, General Mustafa al-Buheeri, is expected in Gaza City on Wednesday, Palestinian security sources said.
They said the main goal of the visit would be to "strengthen the truce" which Palestinian activists have announced in attacks on Israel as part of a US-backed peace plan.
The delegation will meet separately with leaders of Palestinian factions as well as with security officials. (Albawaba.com)
- Truce contacts resumed as Islamic Jihad leader describe them as ''waste of time''
- Israeli soldiers kill Palestinian in West Bank, Egyptian intelligence delegation arrives in Gaza
- UN Security Council adopts ''road map''; Truce talks in Gaza described as ''positive''
- Israel ready to withdraw from some parts of Gaza Strip as Sharon vows to continue with assassinations
- Palestinian girl shot dead as Hamas, Islamic Jihad chiefs expected in Cairo