Egyptian First Lady lays first stone of new American University campus
Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak's wife, Suzanne, laid on Wednesday the first stone of the American University in Cairo's (AUC) new campus to be built in a remote suburb of the capital Cairo.
The 300 million-dollar new campus is being built in Qattameya, a new city to the east of Cairo. It includes a library, sports facilities, and dormitories for students and teachers, MENA reported.
AUC, founded in 1919, will move from Tahreer Square, in Cairo's crowded city center, to the new Islamic-styled complex in 2007, the agency added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- First Lady Wafaa Sleiman honored at Women's League annual party
- First Lady: first veil - who is the wife of Egypt's new president?
- New university library to be built in Casablanca
- AUC offically launches the first university incubator in Egypt “ AUC venture lab (v-lab)”
- First campus completed for Bahrain’s Kingdom University