Egyptian FM Visits Saudi Arabia to Deliver Message to King Fahd
Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmad Maher is due in Saudi Arabia on Tuesday to deliver a message from President Hosni Mubarak to King Fahd bin Abdel Aziz.
An Egyptian political source was quoted by the official Kuwaiti news agency (KUNA) as saying that Maher would hold talks with Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdel Aziz and Foreign Minister Prince Saud Al Faisal.
The source said Maher would inform Saudi leaders about contacts being made by Mubarak with many Arab and foreign leaders on the current international situation.
Maher is expected to brief the Saudis on the results of his visit last week to the United States, and his talks there with officials including US Secretary of State Colin Powell.
Egypt has asserted that the views of Cairo and Riyad are identical on the necessity of combating terrorism and establishing peace in the Mideast – Albawaba.com
- King Abdullah to Visit Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Foreign Minister concludes visit to Cairo
- Cairo: Mubarak meets Syrian, Sudanese leaders for talks on Arab summit
- Mubarak Due in Riyadh Wednesday for Talks on US Mideast Initiative, Afghanistan
- Mubarak Holds Talks with King Fahd, Crown Prince on Bilateral, Regional Issues