Egyptian Foreign Minister denies Washington sought Arab countries’ cooperation in war against Baghdad
Egypt’s Foreign Minister Ahmed Maher denied on Saturday a media report, which said Washington had asked Arab countries if they would cooperate in a war against Iraq.
"I haven't heard such a thing," Maher replied when asked about a report aired Thursday on Qatar's Al-Jazeera satellite television channel.
Al-Jazeera said the United States had written to eleven different Arab countries, including Egypt, asking if they would be willing to cooperate in a war against Baghdad and giving them a period of one month to reply. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iraqi opposition leader to Albawaba.com: U.S. forces not desired in Iraq, Saddam might strike other Arab countries
- Egyptian Foreign Minister to Visit Washington Thursday
- Arab Foreign Ministers to Warn West, Press for Sanctions against Israel
- Saudi Minister Confident US Won't Attack Arab Countries
- Indian Foreign Minister in Washington