Egyptian Foreign Minister to Hold Talks with Turkish Counterpart Monday
Turkish Foreign Minister Ismael Cem will arrive in Cairo next Monday for talks with his Egyptian counterpart, Ahmad Maher, on regional issues, particularly attempts to implement the Mitchell report recommendations, according to Al Gohuria Arabic daily.
The visit comes aginst the backdrop of intensified Israeli-Turkish military cooperation.
Israeli chief of staff Saul Mofaz left Turkey on Friday after talks with Turkish officials.
Meanwhile, the Jerusalem Post has reported that Maher on Friday accused Israel of "pursuing its murderous policy toward the Palestinians" and called once again for an international observer force to be sent the region.
Israel's policy violates international law, he had said on a visit to Rome, and does not indicate a desire for peace – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Turkish FM to Visit Egypt Monday on Mideast Crisis
- Jordanian Foreign Minister holds talks on Iraq with German, Egyptian and Bahraini counterparts
- Egyptian Foreign Minister holds talks with Arab Ministers
- Turkish Foreign Minister Arrives in Tehran Monday for Bilateral Talks
- Turkey, Israel to hold cooperation talks