Egyptian Foreign Minister in Syria for Arab Follow-Up Committee meetings
Egypt’s Foreign Minister, Ahmad Maher arrived in Damascus on Tuesday to participate in the meetings of the Arab Follow-up Committee, due to be held in the Syrian capital on Wednesday.
Foreign Minister Maher was greeted at the Damascus International Airport by his Syrian counterpart Farouk al-Shara.
In a statement to SANA, Maher stressed that these meetings are to focus on the Beirut Summit’s decisions, including the Palestinian issue and the Israeli aggression on the Palestinian people.
In addition, he emphasized that the Arab Follow-up Committee meetings are expected to discuss the situation in Iraq, stressing the Arab stance, which supports solving this problem by diplomatic means.
Moreover, Maher underlined that the Arab position also supports preventing any military action against Baghdad, stressing Iraq’s commitment to the implementation of the Security Council Resolutions. (Albawaba.com)
- Moroccan Foreign Minister in Syria for Arab Follow-Up meetings
- Syrian Foreign Minister returns home following Manama meetings
- Syrian, Egyptian Foreign Ministers discuss Middle East situation
- Damascus Radio stresses importance of active Arab stand in curbing Israeli practices
- Mubarak holds talks in Damascus