Egyptian, Jordanian Foreign Ministers to hold consultations ahead of Istanbul meeting
The Egyptian and Jordanian foreign ministers are set to hold consultations in Turkey Thursday ahead of a six-country regional meeting on Iraq the same day.
The consultations were arranged in the course of a telephone call Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Maher received Wednesday from his Jordanian counterpart Marwan Moasher, according to MENA news agency.
The agency quoted Maher as saying after the conversation that "it was agreed with the Jordanian minister to hold a meeting in Istanbul before the six-party meeting that will gather the foreign ministers of Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Jordan, Iran and the host country Turkey, to complete the consultations." (Albawaba.com)
- As public anger goes on: Jordanian king holds urgent consultations, visits poorest regions
- OIC, EU Foreign Ministers to Hold Meeting in Istanbul
- Istanbul to host regional meeting on Iraq
- Jordanian Foreign Minister holds talks on Iraq with German, Egyptian and Bahraini counterparts
- Syrian Foreign Minister phones counterparts ahead of Istanbul meeting