Egyptian president holds talks with Israeli DM
Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak on Thursday held talks with Israeli Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz. Talks were attended by Defense and Military Production Minister Field Marshal Hussein Tantawi and Minister Omar Suleiman.
The talks in Sharm al Sheikh concentrated on Israeli-Palestinian negotiations and implementation of Israel's disengagement plan from the Gaza Strip.
Egyptian Presidential spokesman Suleiman Awad said that Cairo intended to help resolve all the questions relating to the disengagement from the Gaza Strip that still remained open. He said that Egypt would work for a full withdrawal that will not be unilateral but coordinated with the Palestinian Authority.
- Sharon rules out Egyptian mediation between Israel and Palestinians
- Egypt rejects Israeli claims; No troop increase expected on Gaza border
- Mubarak meets Israeli FM, says Egypt not to send troops to Gaza Strip
- Egyptian envoy holds talks in PA, Israel as Jenin handover expected
- Israeli FM in Cairo for talks on Arab peace plan