Armed gunmen kill and injure Egyptian soldiers in Cairo
An army bus was attacked by armed gunmen on Thursday in Cairo, leaving one officer dead and three injured.
The attack on the Egyptian army bus comes amid a resurgence of Islamist militancy in Egypt following former President Mohamed Morsy's removal from power in July 2013. Since then, Defense Minister Abdel Fattah al-Sisi has directed a crackdown on the Muslim Brotherhood, and named a terrorist group in December.
- Cairo bus attack leaves military officer dead, three injured in east Cairo
- At least one police officer dead in Cairo clashes
- Former Egyptian army official shot dead in Sinai
- Iraq: 30 dead as police, army posts attacked; Local al Qaeda leader shot dead
- Lebanese army ramps up fight against radicals after Sidon deaths