Egyptian Students Stage more Pro-Palestinian Rallies
Thousands of Egyptian students staged pro-Palestinian and anti-Israeli rallies on Monday in the capital Cairo and in the Mediterranean city of Alexandria.
More than 5,000 students marched on campus at Ain Shams University in northeast Cairo and around 2,000 protested at the medical school of Alexandria University, AFP correspondents said.
High school students meanwhile marched through the streets of the Cairo suburbs of Maadi, Bassatine and Helmiyat al-Zaytun.
Police did not intervene.
On Saturday, some 22 people were hurt in clashes between riot police and students at Cairo University, who were trying to march to the nearby Israeli embassy.
Demonstrations are banned in Egypt, but tolerated on university campuses -- CAIRO (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Two Pro-Palestinian Protestors Killed in Yemen, Egypt; Queen Rania Leads Demonstration in Amman
- Egyptian Filmmaker to Lead Pro-Palestinian Rally to Border with Gaza
- 22 Egyptians Wounded in Anti-Israeli Protests
- Yussef Shahin to Lead Pro-Palestinian Rally to Border with Gaza
- Egyptian students on Bush, Sharon: '\'axis of evil'\'