Eid-al-Fitr to start on Tueaday for Shiites, Monday for Sunnis
Shiites will celebrate Eid-al-Fitr on Tuesday this year, where Sunnis are celebrating on Monday (AFP/File)
Sunni and Shiite authorities often differ on the timing of Eid al-Fitr, the end of Ramadan’s fasting.
- Nasrallah accuses Lebanese government of stirring turmoil between Sunnis and Shiites
- Iranian cleric: US, UK try to divide Shiites and Sunnis
- Thousands of Shiites stage anti-U.S. demonstration in Baghdad
- Saudi king: Attempts to convert Sunnis to Shiites not to succeed
- Yemen's Sunnis, Shiites call for cease-fire after brutal clashes leave 100 dead