Eight Prisoners Stage Jailbreak in Central Iran
Eight prisoners serving terms for drug offenses and robbery in central Iran have broken out of the jail, an informed source said Sunday.
The government official told the official Iranian news agency, IRNA, that the prisoners escaped last Wednesday after "having fooled their ward's guard and tying him up."
The news of the dangerous prisoners' successful escape has already spread in Golpayegan, and the people are worried, while the provincial security officials have been sweeping the area for the criminals, said the agency.
Last year, a similar incident took place, when about the same number of dangerous criminals escaped from a prison in Mobarakeh in the same province.
Security measures in Iranian prisons are strict, so any time such an incident occurs, there is wide speculation that the wardens took a bribe, according to the agency – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran’s Parliament Endorses Bill to Transfer Tehran Prisons to Suburbs
- Iran Says 41,000 Arrested in Tehran in Past Eight Months for Drugs
- Rally in Paris in protest to death sentences against political prisoners
- Eight people injured in Iran factory worker demonstration
- Overt kiss leads actor, director to prison in Iran