Eight-year-old Palestinian boy arrested in Hebron
Hundreds of Palestinian minors remain in Israeli custody despite criticism from human rights groups. (AFP/File)
Click here to add Al-Ajami as an alert
Disable alert for Al-Ajami,
Click here to add Beit Ummar as an alert
Disable alert for Beit Ummar,
Click here to add Muhammad Ayyad Awad as an alert
Disable alert for Muhammad Ayyad Awad,
Click here to add Youssef Ahmad Mahmoud al-Alami as an alert
Disable alert for Youssef Ahmad Mahmoud al-Alami
Israeli forces detained an eight-year-old Palestinian boy from the town of Beit Ummar on Tuesday, a local official said.
Muhammad Ayyad Awad, spokesperson of a popular committee, said that Israeli soldiers held Youssef Ahmad Mahmoud al-Alami, eight, for more than two hours before arresting him.
He was handcuffed, blind-folded, and forced to lie on the ground before being taken to the Etzion DCO for interrogation.
Al-Ajami's family were prevented from approaching their son during the incident.
The Palestinian liaison office has made contact with their Israeli counterpart to secure the boy's release.
- Palestinian boy shot dead, Israel continues with arrests
- Eight-year-old Palestinian arrested by Israeli forces
- Israeli soldiers detain eight-year-old Palestinian in Jerusalem
- Two Palestinian boys killed in Tulkarem; Israel arrests Palestinians in Hebron, Qalqilya
- PA building in Hebron under siege; Palestinian boy killed in Jenin, dozens arrested in West Bank