Eight Yemeni soldiers and officers killed in helicopter crash
A Yemeni military helicopter with 12 troops on board crashed in the Red Sea on Saturday killing eight soldiers and officers, a Yemeni defense official said.
The official, quoted by the state-run SABA news agency, said the crash was due to a technical fault. The remaining four soldiers survived the crash which occurred off the Red Sea island of Hanish, 45 kilometers off the Yemeni mainland.
The Defense Ministry is investigating what caused the fault, SABA added.
Defense Ministry sources told Reuters the helicopter had been on a routine patrol mission over Hanish. A token Yemeni force is located in the northwest of the island. (Albawaba.com)
- Four Yemenis, One Jordanian Dies in Helicopter Crash
- Iraq: At least 33 American soldiers killed in last eight days
- Top Cypriot officers killed in helicopter crash
- US troops kill eight demonstrators in Kirkuk as helicopter crashes northeast of Baghdad
- Jordanian Officer Killed in Sanaa was Training Yemeni Forces