Emarat uses only Biodegradable Plastic bags in all its Service Stations
Emirates General Petroleum Corporation "Emarat" is using eco-friendly biodegradable plastic bags in all its service stations in Dubai and Northern Emirates reaffirming the Corporation's commitment towards the environment's safety and green standards.
Mr. Hussain Kazim, Manager Corporate Communications at Emarat, said that the Corporation is well aware of the risks imposed by use of regular indecomposable plastic bags on the environment. He said “Emarat stands committed to taking strict measures to ensure that we play a responsible and active role in the local community to reduce such waste.”
He said “Biodegradable bags have been designed to protect the environment as they decompose once exposed to sunlight or buried underground. “
To further this positive initiative Emarat has instructed all its sites not to give out shopping bags on purchases of small items but only on major purchases or when requested by the customer.
He urged others in the region to follow suit emphasizing that a collective effort from all retailers will have a sizeable impact on protecting the tomorrow of our children!
- GPCA responds to California's rejection of plastic bag ban proposal
- Ajman Municipality honors Emarat for its support in the “A Day Without Plastic Bags” campaign
- Emarat increases its efforts in preserving the environment and the community's health and safety
- UAE finalizes systems in making plastic bags biodegradable by 2013
- DHL switches to eco-friendly courier bags - New biodegradable material to replace plastic bags across MENA operations