Emarat uses only Biodegradable Plastic bags in all its Service Stations
Emirates General Petroleum Corporation "Emarat" is using eco-friendly biodegradable plastic bags in all its service stations in Dubai and Northern Emirates reaffirming the Corporation's commitment towards the environment's safety and green standards.
Mr. Hussain Kazim, Manager Corporate Communications at Emarat, said that the Corporation is well aware of the risks imposed by use of regular indecomposable plastic bags on the environment. He said “Emarat stands committed to taking strict measures to ensure that we play a responsible and active role in the local community to reduce such waste.”
He said “Biodegradable bags have been designed to protect the environment as they decompose once exposed to sunlight or buried underground. “
To further this positive initiative Emarat has instructed all its sites not to give out shopping bags on purchases of small items but only on major purchases or when requested by the customer.
He urged others in the region to follow suit emphasizing that a collective effort from all retailers will have a sizeable impact on protecting the tomorrow of our children!
- ADMA-OPCO to Phase Out Plastic Bags by Year-End
- Emarat Gives Out Free Iftar Meals in its Service Stations
- Emarat Participates in the Global Anti Smoking Day
- Emarat Launches a Charity Campaign for the Collection and Redistribution of Old Clothes to the Poor and Needy
- Emarat Offers a Special Discount on Em-cool Service