Emarati designers showcase their talent in final day of Kids Fashion Week 2008
Dubai Festival City, a key sponsor of DSS 2008 and a member of Dubai Shopping Malls Group (DSMG), witnessed the evolving talent of Emarati designers in children’s fashion as Sumayya Al Hamadi and Hind Al Gazal displayed their collections to mark the finale of Kids Fashion Week 2008, a DSS Signature Event.
Summaya Al Hamadi, who designed her first children’s wear at the age of 14, says that the kids fashion industry is evolving rapidly in the UAE and that more support is needed to position it on a global level. “I have been involved with Kids Fashion Week for the past three years and Dubai Summer Surprises has played a major role in supporting children’s wear fashion in the UAE.”
Hind Al Gazal said she was delighted to be part of Kids Fashion Week 2008. The designer’s collections received commendable response for a range of innovative designs. Hind and Sumayya were the only two local designers to take part in the week-long fashion event.
The final day also showcased the collections of the popular international brand Barbie Fashions. Throughout the week, members of Modhesh Friends Club received rave reviews for their outstanding performance on the ramp.
- Okaidi and LaSenza showcase collections on sixth day of Kids Fashion Week 2008
- DSS 2008 Kids Fashion Week begins today with collections of Benetton and Sisley
- World’s first fashion island supports prominent designers at Dubai Fashion Week Grand Finale
- arab designers take centre stage on second day of abu dhabi fashion week
- Summaya Al Khashab a fashion designer